In 1985 Midtown Printing became a pioneer in digital printing with the introduction of the Macintosh computer. Over the last three decades we have invested and reinvested in digital printing equipment to stay on the cutting edge of this fast changing technology. We currently have a number of Canon B&W and color laser printers, Indigo four color digital offset press, Xeikon digital perfecting web press and other digital devices for imaging and platemaking. In the first few years of the second millennium digital printing has become at least as significant as offset printing and continues to grow in importance.
Our Digital Equipment
Th Xeikon 5000 is a web-fed duplexing digital press, meaning that it can print on both sides at once and uses paper from rolls. Since it's a "digital" machine, variable data (text or images) is possible.
- LED array-based, dry toner electrophotography
- Max Sheet Size - 19.7" x Unlimited Length
- Imaging Width - 18.75"
- Maximum Thickness - 122# Cover
- Minimum Thickness - 27# Text
- Prints 5/5 - Single Pass Duplexing
- Wide Range of Substrates
- Paperboard, Synthetic Media, Newsprint
- Variable Data
- 600 dpi with variable dot density (4 bit)
Read more about the Xeikon 5000 here.
HP Indigo 3550
Our HP Indigo 3550 digital press is a fast and cost effective alternative for short run work, even single copies. Better quality than color copies and less expensive than offset printing, you can now order only the amount that you need. Indigo press sheets can also be automatically collated and personalized. Printing on both sides is possible as well as variable data.
- Up to 5-color printing
- Spot or PMS color capabilities
- Max Sheet Size - 13 x 19
- Support for a wide range of substrates such as acetate, vinyl, magnetic media, Tyvek and other synthetic materials.
- Variable Data